Galvanized Iron Wire for Fencing and Mesh
Galvanized iron wire also named GI wire.
Galvanized wire is applied in mesh weaving and highway fences making.
- Materials: mild steel, annealed wire.
- Wire diameter: 0.7mm - 4.5mm.
- Elongation: commonly 20% - 30%.
- Tensile strength: usually 350 - 550 MPa.
- Zinc coated: Max 300g/m2.
- Surface treatments: electro galvanized, hot-dip galvanized, zinc coating.
- Types: electro galvanized wire, hot-dip galvanized wire, Galfan wire.
- Features: good ductility, excellent elasticity, anti-corrosion.
- Used in mesh weaving, crafts making.
- Used as parts in communication devices.
- Used as tie wire in products packaging, construction.
Packing: Coils or spools, cartons or pallets. Inside with plastic cover and outside with hessian, or inside with plastic cover and outside with woven bag.
Electro galvanized wire
- Wire diameter: 0.15mm - 5.0mm.
- Zinc coated: 8 - 13g/m2.
- Features: shiny and beautiful surface, anti-corrosion, uniform zinc coating.
Electro galvanized wires is usually used in mesh weaving and daily binding.
Hot-dip galvanized wire
- Wire diameter: 0.2mm - 4.0mm.
- Wire gauge: 8 - 36 gauge.
- Zinc coated: 30 - 60g/m2.
- Features: thick zinc coating, fast production speed, good corrosion resistance, excellent flexibility.
Hot dip galvanized wire has good corrosion resistant performance.
- Wire diameter: 0.19 - 5mm.
- Zinc coated: 90% - 95%.
- Features: excellent corrosion resistance, about two times that of normal galvanized wire.
- Application: mainly used for making gabion mesh.
Galfan wire usually used in gabion mesh weaving.
The good anti-corrosion performance of galvanized wire makes it widely used in mesh weaving.